Monday, September 20, 2010

Crowd Accelerated Innovation ≠ Shallow Thinking

I've thought much about and enthusiastically participated in local crowd accelerated innovation on the web in my organization. With Google's introduction last week of instant search results as we type our queries, the realization of how the web and online video affects how we share and think has risen again. Here are two articles that highlight the possibilities very nicely:

  1. The secret power of YouTube
    by Chris Anderson of TED.com for CNN.com
  2. Mind control: Is the internet changing how we think?
    by Matt Ford of CNN, quoting Nicholas Carr's book The Shallows: What the Internet is Doing to our Brain
Before it slips my mind, because indeed, I do think in shorter bursts than before the internet became so ingrained in my lifestyle, I am now even more motivated to learn how to create and use video as a tool to share ideas. And I will embrace the solitude and clarity of thinking that waking up early in the morning provides me to think at length on a particular topic.

No comments: